Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm going to put my rage to good use.

Yesterday was rough. I made 3 gallon size bags of GF flour mix and found out too late that the starch was "manufactured on shared equipment". Of course I had a reaction. I was stunned and horrified. Life sucked.

We went to the fabric store and picked up some material for my daughter's stuffed dog projects while the allergy meds kicked in and the reaction wore off. I got over it.

Today is better. I'm not in the mood to write, but I'm setting a timer and making myself put in a short session before I leap onto more GF cooking experiments. I'm going to put my rage to good use producing pizza crust that's not dust dry, mini buns that make tasty sandwiches and waffles to freeze. I might even convert my peanut butter pie to GFCF, because the family got to enjoy it yesterday without me, and that sucks.

Writing about it helps me to deal with my stormy emotions so my head doesn't explode, and maybe someone else will be helped with my cooking adventures. For instance, there would be a place for tips, such as: Never, under any circumstances, make cashew "cheese" sauce. My husband thought it was gravy, and he liked it. I thought it was vile, and hated it on sight. Oddly, there wasn't even a hint of the expensive cashew butter, either.

Shiver.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try the gluten free lifestyle, but I feel so overwhelmed with the amount of foods that contain gluten in them. Do you have any advice for how to get started?

    ReplyDelete