Monday, June 17, 2013

Gluten Free Blessings

Me to youngest: Hey, do you realize how pleasant you've been since going gluten free? You get right up in the morning, you don't pick fights, you aren't grumpy, you're loving... Also, you don't have to hang out in the bathroom all the time with the constipation/diarrhea cycle.

Him: I hate gluten free!

Me: What about those doughnuts and Italian Waffle Sandwiches you've been scarfing? What about the cookies?

Him: O.O ....I guess it's not so bad.


Oldest: I hate pineapple!

Me: Here, want to try this doughnut I made? What do you think?

Oldest: It's awesome!

Me: It has pineapple.

Oldest: ?! =_=

Incidentally, his acne (back, chest, arms, face) is fading. Coincidence? I think not.

I have my own list of cool stuff that's kept me going when I get frustrated with being GF:

Sinus clear
Sense of smell improved
Allergies 90 % improved, can open windows whenever
Stopped Claritin
Can go outside, garden!!
Colds lighter, heal faster
No more bloating
Muscle tone far better due to more energy, always moving.
Way more energy!
Scary veins shrank
13 year old red scars fading to white
Skin smoothing, losing dry bumps
Period lighter
No PMS
Regular
Lose instead of gain weight when exercise
Warm feet
Gums much healthier
Can feel dog panting (hot air) and popsicles radiating cold (this is new). Was there nerve damage?
Writing better, flows
Feel energized with GF grains
Like cooking again

No comments:

Post a Comment