Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bisquick is genius, my mini potpie adaptation

I was sulking over the swollen alien eyes due to incautious soy ingestion, day 3, when I found this:

Bisquick Mini Chicken Pot Pies: recipe


Create Your Own Mini Pie

Mini chicken pot pies made w/ Bisquick. I can see why everyone keeps pinning this!

These pictures belong to them. I want you to understand why I'm totally into this delicious idea...even though I can't use their product due to my stupid allergies. If you can, totally stock up. Back in the day, I was a loyal Bisquick girl, and my mom totally adores it. I can't wait to try the other flavors, especially the breakfast version.

But! I'm happy to say it worked excellently with my own GF waffle mix. It's made with my GF flour mix with pectin as a binder and no xanthan gum. No, I don't sell it, you have to make your own just like me. Maybe we'll get lucky and Bisquick will whip up a box someday, because there's a lot us in the "no gums" boat. Meanwhile:

Chicken-Broccoli Mixture

tablespoon vegetable oil
lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
cup  frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained (I like fresh if I have it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz) I suggest peppers, diced carrots and celery. A generous dollop of canola oil mayonnaise to replace the yummy missing fat would not be amiss.*

*Of course, a white sauce would work, too.

Baking Mixture

1/2 cup GF Waffle Mix with Pectin
1/2 cup water or non-dairy milk
eggs
1. Grease your pans well and see pictures for instructions. I think I baked mine at 350 F for roughly 20 min. You'll know it's done if you touch a couple and they spring back lightly. Over-baking will cause cracks to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment