Thursday, November 7, 2013

Toasted Bean Flour Mix

Like so many seeming disasters (Dorchester folding, being forced in self-pubbing for grocery money, my allergies turning nuclear) it turned out to be a good thing I was forced to reformulate, because this mix is superior. Pancakes and waffles are fluffier and breads more sturdy, yet light.

I'm close to a GF bread with no xanthan gum that's tasty. Will post when I've perfected it.

GF Flour Mix

1 c toasted bean flour (I mill my own using white beans)
3/4 c rice flour
1/4 c starch
1 tsp pectin

1. Mix all and use.

Go here to see how to make bean flour edible (not raw tasting) with the microwave:

http://glutenarmageddon.blogspot.com/2013/08/making-bean-flour-edible-with-microwave.html


Flour mix x 8

8 c bean
6 c rice
2 c starch
2 T + 2 tsp pectin

1. Mix all and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment